Pages

Monday 27 July 2020

Newspaper painting


Newspaper assessment.
My learning outcome for my coating assessment is to have vibrant colours showing, which also allows the words I have chosen to show vividly and to be noticeable by the audience almost straight away.
I aim to have a finish product with smooth layers of paint, bold colours and to have a full coverage of the newspaper. I will be using wet and dry media.

In this newspaper assessment I have chosen an artwork which contains 9 bold colours which are, red, a vibrant yellow, ocean blue, baby blue, maroon, forest green, violet purple, dark purple/maroon and a normal purple. I have chosen these specific colours because, I will be using the white as more of a base colour to let the other colours come out bold and vibrant, the red and yellow colours will be used as pattern colours as well as the black paint. I will also be using a very thin sharp edged painting brush with the black to create fine lines boxing each word I have chosen to keep. I think doing so will help showcase the words a lot more, and will make them look much more bolder and gives them a defined look. Once I am finished painting the background and all the basics, I will then move on to adding islander themed patterns around the newspaper and do quick sketches for examples, so I know what I want to use and what would seem to fit better. for the patterns, I will be using all the colours allowed to then make the patterns pop and stand out more and I hope this will give it more definitions.

These are before and after of where I have started at, I have changed up my stroking techniques and decided to put the colours in individual square shapes, except the baby blue one, that is shown to curve around the violet purple. I chose to create this type of layout because I feel that it would catch the audience's attention more, because I have used a variety of colours and they are fun colours. I just need to draw on my patterns, and like said in the previous paragraph, I will be doing my pacific patterns.  
  

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Mikayala, can iget you to check the permissions of the photos you have used, and insert hem using the picture insert button on your blog post edit page? that was something that affected Ryan's last post too.

    It appears you know your next steps, so now lets make sure we are here regularly and are acting upon them. Im looking forward to seeing your finished work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.